Dominion Government Framework
The following is a breakdown of the Dominion Government's Framework, as defined in the Dominion Codex.
Dominion Government Structure
The Dominion Government consists of four branches, the Dominion Security Council (Executive), Office of the Prime Minister (Executive), Dominion Senate (Legislative), and Dominion Supreme Court (Judicial).
Dominion Security Council (Executive)
The Dominion Security Council is the highest authority of the Dominion government. It consists of the General of the Freedom Defense Corps, Commissioner of the Law Enforcement Department and the General-Commissioner appointed President of the Dominion.
Each official has a veto-vote each, but the General and Commissioner may replace the President if they see fit. The President lacks any major executive powers and serves as a civilian chair and representative in the Security Council.
- Commissioner Virgil Thunder
- Commissioner Zakk Zotco
- President Jason West
- The power to issue a warrant on any individual or group
- The power to declare and end wars
- The power to declare and end state of emergencies and martial law
- The power to designate any area as a Dominion Civil Law Enforcement Facility or Dominion Military Facility
Dominion Senate (Legislative)
The Dominion Senate is a legislative branch of the Dominion government. Made up of a number of popularly elected pre-selected party candidates, they debate matters and pass legislation for the Prime Minister to sign into law.
- Elite Agencies Party
- Large Arms Party
- Leftist-Libertarian Party
- Total Number of Seats: 0
- The Party of Soviet Communistic Workers
- The power to regulate commerce among the colonial administrators
- The power to punish infractions of Dominion Law
- The power to declare war and make rules concerning captures of colonies
- The power to make rules for the colonies of the rim
- The power to make and define laws which shall be necessary for the safety of the Federation and the citizens of the rim.
- The power to request changes to the internal policies of the LED & FDC
- The power to grant and revoke factional status
- The power to request the intervention of military forces
- The power to elect and remove a Chairman of the Dominion Senate
- The power to amend the Codex with the approval of the Security Council
Dominion Supreme Court (Judicial)
The Dominion Supreme Court is the judicial branch of the Dominion Government. Consisting of three Magistrates, it hears cases, conducts trials and delivers justice.
To be appointed
These are the kinds of cases people may file at the Dominion Supreme Court. Their cases will, however, need a 2/3 majority approval in order to be heard.
A damages lawsuit can be brought against civilians, groups of civilians or civilian factions. In these cases, an individual, group of individual or faction alleges that the defending party has caused damages, including but not limited to financial damages, loss of life or loss of property and other actions that are a violation of Dominion and/or Codex law. The party bringing the allegations has the burden of proof. The damages must be proven and the defendant must be proven clearly and convincingly guilty in order for the court to reach a guilty verdict and issue punishment. Should a defendant be found guilty of causing damages, the court may take punitive action in the form of Universal or Earth/DMC AOS warrants on convicted citizens, groups of citizens or factions of up to 48 days ((14 irl days)) or order the defendant to pay monetary compensation for damages caused.
Citizens may also seek to have the time of a non-indefinite arrest warrant reduced by the Court. Evidence of the warranted citizen's guilt or innocence will not be admitted in these proceedings. The only issues that will be allowed to be considered by the court are mitigating factors (put simply, any factors which would seem to reduce the gravity of the crime or display a high likelihood that criminal would not repeat his actions.) However, should a citizen appeal a warrant before the court, the Law Enforcement Department may counter-argue for an extension of the warrant and introduce aggravating factors to support their counter-argument. The court may resolve a warrant appeal by adjusting the length of a warrant as it sees fit.
Factions may bring disputes to the Court for peaceful mediation and resolution. Prior to Mediation proceedings, both factions must agree to abide by the final decision of the Court. Failure to comply with a court ordered resolution can result in Dominion intervention to enforce the court order. Monetary or other material compensation are the generally accepted means of resolving a Factional dispute, however the court may devise more creative resolutions at its' discretion.
Abuse of Power
In an Abuse of Power Lawsuit, a citizen is alleging wrongdoing or misuse of an official office by a government official. An LED officer or FDC soldier must have been found guilty and punished in an internal investigation prior to bringing an Abuse of Power lawsuit against them to seek further monetary compensation from the officer. The court can order monetary or other forms of compensation. Failure to comply with a court order must result in further disciplinary action taken by the LED or FDC against the officer or soldier.
In this sort of proceeding, a motion is brought to the court in order to determine the meaning of a legislative document within a certain context. For example, such a case could be whether a section of legislative code applies to an individual or not. These verdicts often set a precedent for future cases.
Summary Determination of Legal Status
In this type of case, a plaintiff may request that court issue a decision on whether actions taken by civilians, groups of civilians, civilian factions or elected officials are legal or not, and to use its authority to order the defendant to cease said actions on punishment of pp fines, GD warrant.
In order to run for a position in the Dominion Government, you must be a pre-selected candidate from a registered political party.
- Large Arms Party (LAP)
- The Party of Soviet Communistic Workers (PSCW)
- Leftist Libertarian Party (LLP)
- Elite Agencies Party (EAP)
- Dominion Dream (DD)
Party Registration & Requirements
In order to have a political party be official, certain terms and requirements laid out by the Election Commission must be met, which include:
- At least one President (No higher than Rank 4)
- At least one Secretary-General (No higher than Rank 4)
- At least five other members
- A registration fee of 125,000 Universal Credits