Gaining Experience Points
There are several ways to get experience. You can:
- Do solo objectives. They are the easiest income of experience but can be tough sometimes.
- Join a group and do group objectives. The group objectives give less experience (and FC) but are often easy to do, possibly taking more time though.
- Get awarded experience points via administrative actions that reward.
When you reach special "milestones" in experience, you potentially may get Promotions. Some factions require passing a test, or taking a class, or accruing recommendations, and some might feel you're too unworthy anyway. There are seven ranks that you can achieve:
- 10000 XP - You are now an official member, and with that you get more responsibilities.
- 25000 XP - Possibility to be promoted to rank 2
- 45000 XP - Possibility to be promoted to rank 3
- 75000 XP - Possibility to be promoted to rank 4
- 125000 XP - Possibility to be promoted to rank 5
- 175000 XP - Possibility to be promoted to rank 6
- 250000 XP - You can become a candidate for the faction leader.
Note that Rank 1 (10000 exp) is automatically promoted. All other levels of XP attained do not guarantee a promotion. That is still up to higher ranks to decide. Therefore, communication inside your faction is highly important. You should ask in Faction Chat what/if there are any special tests or similar that have to be done to get your promotion.